The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Dear Ruth


I absolutely adore this simple romantic comedy by Norman Krasna and the PG Players production was just that, simple and romantic. I had such a pleasant afternoon at this production! As always, my dear friends Howard and Kathryn Little delivered a wonderful production with top-notch talent!

The basic concept of the play is a mix-up when a younger sister writes to a soldier during the war using her sister's name and the wonderful and comic mix-ups that come about when that soldier comes back to finally meet Ruth, the older sister who he thinks he's in love with!

Kudos to a wonderful cast, the incredibly talented and beautiful T'naiha Ellis as Ruth, Joey Calkins as Albert, her fiancee, my dear friends Debra Flink and Dennis Purdie as Ruth's parents, Edith and Judge; the rest of the cast rounds out a great and tight ensemble!

I was completely and touched by this wonderfully simple production and it made me believe in love again! Thank you to the PG Players for once again delivering another fine performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment