The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Companion Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Us


I know I'm behind on my film watching and all of my friends keep pestering me to see this movie, so I finally did and WOW!!!!!! Jordan Peele is my new favorite horror director, hands down! I personally feel he is the next Hitchcock but with a style all his own! It's wonderful to see black actors being the stars for once in the horror genre!

I didn't know what to expect going into this film, and every one of my expectations were turned upside down and that is the best thing I can say about this incredible and thrilling piece of filmmaking!

I love intelligent horror films and this film is indeed that. Highly intelligent! It left me with more questions and answers, and finding answers to those questions and discovering those answers for myself have been so enjoyable and thrilling!

This film completely held me spellbound from beginning to end. Just when I thought the film was headed a certain way, Jordan Peele did a 360 and headed a completely different way, thus the comparison to Hitchcock. I absolutely love and adore this film and will now watch Jordan Peele's first film, "Get Out" very soon!

The entire cast was incredible, particularly having to play two characters each. Lupita Nyong'o's performance was the standout though in this film! What an incredible artist! She had me glued to my seat the entire time! She was so wonderful to watch! I am so happy that there are artists like Jordan Peele that are writing films like this out there! We need more! Please!!

I highly recommend this film to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment