The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Companion Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Tuck Everlasting


I must say that I adored every single moment of this beautiful production at HCT-Orem. I love this story and the musical version is wonderful and emotionally packed. The entire cast needs to be congratulated for a job well done. The biggest honor though must go to the beautiful Ava Hoekstra as Winnie Foster. She was absolutely adorable and I was rooting for her throughout the entire evening. At such a young age, this wonderful little actress brought such depth and professionalism to her performance. Her story broke my heart. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be faced with the decision this little girl had to make. Equally stunning was the amazing Carter Walker as Jesse Tuck. He also broke my heart! The one thing you think would be great (everlasting life) can also be a tremendous curse, and this, unfortunately, is a hard lesson learned by this wonderful character throughout the course of the evening. The rest of the cast once again did outstanding jobs and each was unique and brought their own flavor to the production! Well done to a terrific ensemble! This production closes this weekend, so don't miss it if you can get tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment