The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Companion Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Monday, April 6, 2020

Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker


I can't believe it's been a little over 40 years since I sat in a movie theater at 9 years of age and saw Star Wars: A New Hope for the first time on the big screen: 1977. I was so excited and a bit sad walking into the SCERA Showhouse to sit down and watch the final chapter in this saga finally come to life on the big screen. I was not disappointed in any way. WOW, what an ending! My suspicions were confirmed, the real villain of these final 3 chapters was revealed, and at last, hopefully, the final destruction of the Sith cult.

First thing, I applaud the SFX artists who seemingly incorporated the late and great Carrie Fisher (General Lea Organa) into this final chapter. Today's film technology is mind-blowing. Ending a saga of this magnitude is no easy task, but J.J. Abrams has done a magnificent job and along with an incredible group of fantastic writers, crew, and a phenomenal cast, he did it!

Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Adam Driver (Kylo Ren), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron), Anthony Daniels (C3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Ian McDiarmid (Emperor Palpatine), and the rest of the incredible ensemble, all did outstanding jobs! This film brought me back to that day when I saw Episode IV for the very first time! I felt like a kid again! Bravo to J.J. Abrams and all who worked on Episodes VII, VIII, and IX! A fine ending to one incredible motion picture saga all beginning in the mind of the wonderful, George Lucas!

No comments:

Post a Comment