The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Companion Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Monday, January 28, 2019

Doctor Zhivago


Okay, I admit that I have never seen this magnificent film before now! I am so far behind the times.

This is truly one of David Lean's masterpieces! Omar Sharif broke my heart into a million pieces in this film! What a tragic but beautiful look into the human heart and all of it's frailties. Set amongst the horrifying backdrop of World War I Russia and the aftermath of the October Revolution which led to the beginnings of Communism.

Julie Christie and Geraldine Chaplin give magnificent supporting performances as the two loves of Doctor Zhivago's tragic life.

I have never been moved before as  I was sitting in my recliner watching this beautifully done epic! David Lean was truly a master at his craft and knew how to tell a story! I can't believe as a film lover I have waited so long to sit down and watch this beautiful film! I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment