The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Monday, January 14, 2019

Postcards From The Edge


Over the weekend I've been watching some old movies that I haven't seen in a very long time and I stumbled upon this wonderful gem.

This wonderful film premiered in theater's on September 14, 1990. This was based on Carrie Fisher's semi-autobiographical novel about the stormy relationship between herself and her famous mother, Debbie Reynolds and both their struggles with substance abuse, particularly Carrie's and how it nearly destroyed her career.

Shirley Maclaine and Meryl Streep light up the screen in this witty comedy/drama about mother/daughter relationships in Hollywood. Meryl gives one of her strongest performances in her early career in this motion picture classic alongside the incomparable Shirley Maclaine.

This film I could relate to on a very personal level, not that I have struggled with substance addiction myself, but the parent/child relationship I could and Meryl's character, Suzanne's life I could relate to as far as relationships and personal struggles go.

This film moved me to tears many times and I was truly touched by this wonderful and lovely story! I highly recommend this film to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment