The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Rent (Fox Live)


Anyone who knows me knows that I am a 100% true blue Rent Head! I know this version of the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning musical has gotten a lot of criticism because, due to the actor portraying Mark, breaking his foot during the dress rehearsal Saturday night, they had to air that rehearsal and was only able to air the finale of the show "Live." I say, "Get over yourselves!" The show must go on! I personally feel the entire cast did a great job and were passionate about what they were doing and gave fantastic performances all around! I loved the unique staging before a live audience on that beautiful large sound stage and it opened up the show wide and gave it a freedom that was incredible to watch!

The entire cast worked together beautifully as an ensemble and I was completely moved to tears at many moments throughout the evening! Particularly, the wonderful actor playing Tom Collins, broke my heart! He was so moving in his portrayal of this wonderful character! I think I personally connect with this character and have ever since I saw the original Broadway production!

Kudos to everyone involved for a job well done, despite the circumstances! A whole new generation can enjoy this wonderful musical!

No comments:

Post a Comment