The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Companion Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Saturday, December 1, 2018

A Christmas Carol (2014)


Day 7 of my Holiday film fest. Playing a bit of catch-up, so sorry. This is one of my all-time favorite versions of Dickens' beloved classic. George C. Scott gives the performance of his career as the old miser, Scrooge. Mr. Scott delivers such a varied, soulful and three-dimensional performance in this well done British made for television movie.

I remember when this first aired on television back in 1984. In fact that was my first Christmas here in Utah. My folks and I had moved to Utah that year back in June. It is hard to believe that that is now been 34 years.

The entire ensemble give magnificent performances all around. I personally feel that out of all the straight forward dramatic versions of this timeless story, this one stands out as one of the best and if you haven't seen this version get a copy straight away! Don't miss this wonderful interpretation!

No comments:

Post a Comment