The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Companion Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Noel


Day 8 of my Holiday film fest. This grossly overlooked 2004 holiday drama, I stumbled upon last year when watching Netflix, looking for holiday films to watch. I will be forever grateful that I stumbled upon this hidden gem. It touched my life forever!

Susan Sarandon portrays Rose Collins, a children's book editor, divorced and the sole caretaker of her mother who suffers from Alzheimers. One Christmas eve she finds herself walking into the neighboring room of a patient in the same hospital her mother's staying at and runs into a quiet ex-priest, played by the wonderful Robin Williams. In another part of the same city, lives police officer Mike Riley played by Paul Walker and his fiancee Nina Vasquez played by Penélope Cruz. Mike Riley is the jealous type which causes a riff between them on Christmas Eve. Then while on duty with his partner, Paul (Rob Daly), Mike is confronted by a lonely waiter named Artie (Alan Arkin) while paying his check, a confrontation that will change both their lives forever!

This beautifully done film is a story of love, loss, family and relationships set during one Christmas Eve in New York City. A lot of the story hit really close to home for me and I think that is why I fell in love with this film when I first saw it last Christmas. I highly recommend this film to everyone! You can buy or rent it on iTunes and Amazon Prime. Unfortunately it's no longer available on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment