The official blog for Jason Evans (Actor, Blogger, Content Creator, Director, Designer, Dramaturg, Singer, Storyteller, Teaching Artist, Writer). Official Companion Blog for my YouTube Channel: "Jason the Nice One."

Monday, December 3, 2018

Scrooge


Day 11 of my Holiday film fest. This is my all-time favorite version of the Dickens' classic hands down! Albert Finney is magnificent as Scrooge and is surrounded by an incredible array of British theater talent that is second to none! The score is by Leslie Bricusse (Victor/Victoria, Jekyll & Hyde) and the wonderful and sorely missed Anthony Newley (Stop The World I Wanna Get Off, Doctor Dolittle).

From the beginning of the overture to the final scene, you will be magically and musically transformed back to Edwardian England and to the timeless tale of redemption and love! The music fits so well into the story and adds so much depth and soul to the story!

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't seen this version, get a copy and watch it! I am confident you will fall in love with it as I have! I never miss it each and every Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment